Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Beautiful Belly Challenge!
My mom, her mom, my mom's mom's mom... you get the point... were/are all self conscious about one thing. For my grandmother it was her arms. She felt so insecure about them that she wouldn't wear any shirt without sleeves. That mentality passed down to my mom who is insecure about her thighs and knees (she says she has fat knees? REALLY?!) And guess where it then got passed down to? My sister and I! My mother never told me I look anything but perfect but hearing her talk about herself in such a low manner made me question myself. But I'm going to change that.
They are/were beautiful. You are beautiful. I am beautiful.
Beauty does not come from the clothes you wear, a skinny body, a clear face, a boyfriend, or a lot of friends... it comes from you. Yes, YOU. The more you talk or think about your insecurities, the more true they become to you. So stop the trend. Wake up, look in the mirror, and tell yourself 'I am beautiful'. God thinks you're beautiful just as He made you so why question what he thinks? "The King is enthralled with your beauty." Psalm 45:11. Enthralled. Embrace it. Love it. Be beautiful.
Now head over to Melissa, learn about the Beautiful Belly challenge and do it! Now, you beautiful people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Heyyyyyy you're awesome. fanks gurl.
I love this!
www.markandjamiewalker.blogspot.com
Post a Comment